3️⃣Manage Open Positions

Positions can be managed in the 'Open Positions' section the Trade page: 1. To Close a trade click 'Close X' and select the close type. 2. To add a Stop Loss/Take Profit - click SL or TP respectively.

All Open positions are reflected in the ‘Open Positions’ section of the Trade page:

Here you can control and manage all of your open positions - review the current stats of your open trades, add/edit Stop Loss or Take Profit, as well as close positions.

How to close a position. Full and Partial close.

To close a position, navigate to the orders and positions module and click 'Market' or 'Limit' button to close a position using a corresponding method.

Your position will be closed either instantly with a market order or by a limit order (i.e take profit):

In the position closure confirmation window, you can select to close your position fully (100%) or partially (from 1 to 99%):

  • FULL position close - this will result in the trade being closed entirely and PnL being settled accordingly:

  • PARTIAL position close - close 1% to 99% of your position (for example if your trade size is $100 then closing 40% of your position will result in the size of your position being reduced by $40 and the profit/loss for this portion of the trade will be settled. The remaining 60% ($60) of the trade will be active and will continue to generate PnL:

When managing active orders, it is also possible to set up Take Profit and Stop Loss orders to automatically close a position fully or partially.

How to add Stop Loss and/or Take Profit to open positions

Stop Loss and Take Profit (SL and TP) orders can be placed from the ‘Open Positions’ section of the Trade page by clicking the corresponding field in the TP/SL column:

Now you simply need to select your TP or SL parameters:

  • select the portion of the trade to apply the TP or SL to - ENTIRE position or PARTIAL position

  • select the exact portion (quantity) of the trade to be closed via TP or SL (for PARTIAL Position closure only)

  • select your desired TP or SL trigger Price$ and ROE%

  • click "Confirm" to confirm your TP or SL

Take Profit (TP) protection orders are limit orders and will be executed accordingly. Stop Loss (SL) protection orders are market orders and will be executed accordingly.

How to add/remove margin to a position

Adding or removing margin to/from a position lets traders reduce or increase the amount of their personal margin in a trade (essentially, decreasing or increasing their leverage accordingly).

This feature acts as an additional risk-management tool, allowing traders to employ a wider array of trading strategies by providing more flexibility and control over their trades.

To increase or decrease the leverage of a position:

  1. Click on the Margin value of a position reflected in the ‘Margin’ column of the ‘Open Positions’ section:

  1. In the leverage adjustment window, select the leverage that you want to set and review the changes that will be made to the position:

  1. Click ‘Confirm’ to change your leverage

It is important to keep in mind that changing the leverage of a position will also directly affect the Estimated liquidation price of an isolated margin trade.

Last updated